Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 5, Assignment 1:
Readers at my branch enjoy Urban Fiction, as well Romance, Thrillers and Adventure stories. I believe they're more likely to watch a movie first, then read the book.

 I've been following NPR Books. Because I'm not a big fan of non-fiction, this source is helpful because it prominently features books that are connected with news events and therefore forces me to become aware of new non-fiction which is likely to be popular. Also, upcoming fiction that has some connection to recent news is included.
An example is Waiting to be Heard by Amanda Knox, a memoir of Knox's trial in Italy for the murder of her roommate. A nice feature is the link that allows one to hear the author being interviewed on NPR. Another example is an article about a newly-found Pearl Buck which is to be published this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment