Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 4: Assignment 1:
I joined Goodreads and had fun rating books in the areas of: Art; Contemporary; Fantasy; Fiction; Historical Fiction; Humor; Mystery; and Suspense. I looked at the Recommendations that were generating from these ratings and discovered quite a few additional books I want to read. I also started a "To-Read" shelf. In addition, I added several "Friends," and browsed through their ratings, recommendations, etc. I made book  recommendations to "Friends" based on their ratings and favorites.
I explored Listopia and Explore in Goodreads. I found the Recommendations based on my ratings the most helpful tool in selecting possible books to read. Also helpful are the Recommendations which were generated from my "To Read" shelf.
I recommended a title to Lori Hench. (See below)
The Matchmaker of Périgord by Julia Stuart
The Matchmaker of Périgord
by
you said: "This is another good book by Julia Stuart you might like, because you liked Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. It features quirky characters and a charming French village. The local barber is losing business because his clients are becoming older and balder, so he decides to become the town matchmaker. Much hilarity results. "

No comments:

Post a Comment